Question
Posted by: Kristen | 2010/09/29

advanced sinusitis

Hi There,

I have been struggling with sinusitis for about 2 years now. My nose is constantly blocked no matter what I do or take. I have been to a gp about 2-3 times already &  each time they have given me the usual sinus meds, penicillin, salex, etc but nothing works.... What do I do, as Im starting to get seriously concerned about my health...

The last time I went to the doc he said that it had become infected but the penicilin didn''t help.

Hallo Kristen
You may have an underlying allergy causing chronic blocked nose and recurrent infections. You may have to see an ENT specialist to test you for allergies and you may need to get a prescription for long term anti-allergy medication and cortisone nose spray. Sometimes the ENT specialist would want to do a MRI scan of the sinuses to see if you have polyps or maybe a narrowing of the sinus opening, or a chronic infection that may need a longer course of antibiotics. Ask your doctor to give you a referral letter to an ENT specialist.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/29

Hallo Kristen