Posted by: Mpho | 2009-01-05

Advanced preggies and driving

Dr, at what stage can i continue to drive myself to work. so far i have heard a lovely pregnancy with no complications and am 34 weeks this week an intend taking leave as from 35 weeks onwards. i am finalising things in the office this week in preparation for the maternity leave but it just crossed my mind that maybe i need to rest it off. Hb and i are on separate routes and he has to leave earlier than i. i had taken leave during december until now then would be out until the baby is born.

Driving one around at 34+ weeks is okay or should i now park the car and use public transport. i travel altogether 38kms between office and home on a return trip.

Many women drive till 38 weeks, as long as they are comfortable.