Posted by: Tintswalo | 2009-08-27

Adulthood bedwetting

I have a very embaraasing problem. Since last year, I have been wetting my bed at night. I have noticed that it only happens when I dream that I am in the toilet, urinating. Sometimes in my dream I ask myself whether I am really in the toilet or am I dreaming. Please help.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi there Tintswalo

This sort of problem is rarely a 'health' or physiological problem, but rather more of a psychologial or stress related problem. The fact that your dreams are 'involved' in usually an indication that there is a deeper underlying problem that will perhaps require some delving to uncover.

My suggestion therefore, would be to initially consult with a psychologist, to ascertain if there is / are stress related aspects that may be contributing to your problem.