Question
Posted by: EDDIE | 2009/04/03

adult choking

60y old male.choked twice where i nearly passed out.1st time with nothing in my mouth and the second time with a piece of bread.this happens when there is no air in the lungs and therefore no heimlich can help. i crawl on the floor and with desperate force get a little by little air back into the lungs. then only can i try to cough. the feeling of a blackout couldnt be closer. can there be something wrong with the epiclotis or the airway itself?

Eddie

I suggest that you consult an Ear Nose and Throat specialist for a thorough examination.

Kind regards