Question
Posted by: Jen | 2012/03/23

Adult child

My adult daughter is not financially independent and still lived at home. I have being a single parent for 18 years and am treated by her the way her alcoholic father treated me. I am told what to do, she does not help in the house and the boyfriend spends weekends there. I need to set up rules as I am tired of this.

Your adult daughter is being a parasite. If she is ungrateful and treating you without respect, give her a week to totally change her bad behaviour or leave. And insist that she do her full share of chores and helping round the house, and that her boyfriend is not welcome in your hom. Make the rules simple clear, and keep to them

2

Posted by: hn | 2012/03/23

You are a very wak individual!!! How can you be controlled by your kid that you financially support. Tell her to tow the line or get out of your house if she is not prepared to show you respect as a parent......my GOSH!!!!!

Reply to hn