adult cat drinking from mother

i have a female cat who had her second litter, we kept one kitten from the first and she is about 8 months old now, the other day i caught her drinking from her mother while the second litter is almost weaned off the mother how to explain this

Dear Anon

Just making use of the opportunity while it lasts.

Posted by: michelle | 2009-08-17

I' m no expert, but speaking from personal experience here, I think that your cat will continue to feed from her mother as long as mom allows.
I had my female spayed after her first litter 4 years ago and kept the entire family. One of her offspring still suckles from her everyday eventhought she' s not lactating. And her mother still allows her.

Reply to michelle