Question
Posted by: Liv | 2010/06/15

Adult Back Acne

I have severe facial, back, chest and arm acne, and every spot leaves a big black mark mark. I have tried every over the conter treatments over the years but nothing seems to help. I saw a GP, who prescribed anti-biotics, but I only took them once and had a severe allergic re-action. The GP also old me that the problem could be hormal and that my acne is cystic and that I have to try roaccutane, but I am not comfortable with the side effects of Roaccutane. Please help.

Hallo Liv
If you have cystic acne you should try to see dermatologist - there are various options one can try. We usually start with topical antibiotic lotions and benzoyl peroxide, moving on to oral antibiotics (tetracyclines or erythromycin), then one can add hormonal treatment like Diane, and as last resort one can use Roaccutane for 3 - 6 months. Roaccutane does have side effects but it is very effective if taken with the right supervision.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/15

Hallo Liv