Question
Posted by: Shazz | 2008/06/04

Adult ADD

What's up doc?

Thanx for the direction the other day, it helped a lot. My shrink DID tell me on Monday that I should up my doze of Paxil to 40mg per day and to come back in 2 - 3 days (remember we had started with CBT?).

I've read up a bit on the condition and must say, most of the advice etc. is directed at kids. Although I think I've had it since childhood, just undiagnosed. Will read up some more.

I did the quiz for ADD on PsychCentral and scored full marks - so I guess my shrink was right after all. Just wish he'd explained more and not scared the living daylights out of me.

Guess I'll be visiting the ADD/ADHD expert from now on, although things don't bode well as the first question that caught my eye was "Where is the doc?"!

Thanx to youand also to "Me".

Later...

ADHD, though still controversial in some areas, is generally recognized now as a problem occurring in children. And not only was it often unrecognized in the past, but it was broadly assumed to burn itself out as the person matured. More recently the idea of some similar symptoms continuing into, perhaps first noticed in, adulthood, has been more widely considered and recognized, though maybe a bit more controversial still. And the best treatment for it is also not fully agreed. However, recognizing the nature of the problem is an essential step towards understanding it and gaining control. Don't hesitate to be rank in asking your doc more about what this means, what he thinks the outlook is, and what treatment he is recommending. I"m not sure whether the Paxil is intended for that purpose or not.

2
Posted by: quest2008 | 2008/09/08

hello doc,

I have serious trouble concentrating (since the end of high school) and procrastinate badly. i am also overweight. could it be ADD or could it be linked to a bad diet?

Reply to quest2008
Posted by: Mike | 2008/06/05

A lot well known people sit with add/adhd as well... Micheal Schumacher, Richard Brandson, Robbin Williams... (Mike).
Shazz, that program i did at neurotechnologies did wonders! Do you find it difficult to concentrate at work? That used to be my biggest challenge.
Well, good luck, and i guess i'll be seeing you at the other forum...

Reply to Mike