Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/02/26

Adult acne

I seem to be suffering from hormonal adult acne, I am 36 yrs old. My dr. has prescribed Yaz, I''ve been using it for just over a month but don''t see any improvement. Is there any anti-androgen treatments I can take with YAZ to have a faster effect? Also I would like to knowwhat topical creams you would recommend, like Retin-A, do I need a script for them?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Sanet

Firstly you may need to give the YAZ a little longer to have it's full effect. Secondly there are indeed other anti-adrogen treaments available (but these need to be prescribed by your doctor and you'll therefore have to return).
Retin-A will require a prescription - Your OTC options are pretty much limited to products such as Skinoren or Benzac-AC5/Brevoxyl.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/02/27

Hi Sanet

Reply to pharmacist