Question
Posted by: John | 2011/07/12

AD''s does it get worse before it gets better?

I have been on Wellbutrin SR for exactly 2 weeks now and have been on quite a rollercoaster with this drug. Sometimes my head feels clearer and my cognitive functions sharper, other times I have spells of severe depression, bad anxiety and I also suffer from mild insomnia (early waking). I want to know if it is normal to feel this way on a new AD and if I should just ride these symptoms out until this drug kicks in.

ADs generaly take around 2 weeks to demonstrate their full potential benefits ( but remember, each only shows useful benefits in around 70 % of those who try them ). I would expect a competent shrink or GP to arrange to see you at least after 2 weeks, to re-assess how the drug is affecting you, and consider revising the treatment plan if necessary. Why not arrange to see the doc for this re-assesment ? Its not worthwhile for me to guess a more specific answer to your question, when a ood answer should depend on such an in-person re-assessment.

1