Question
Posted by: anon | 2010-10-14

adrenucleo

Please advise if it is healthy to take the adrenucleo and what are they for.
Supplement Info:
Serving size - 1 Tablet
Vitamin C(Ascorbic Acid) - 250mg
Thiamine HCI(Vitamin B1)- 50mg
Riboflavin(Vit B2)- 50mg
Niacinamide - 50mg
Vit B6(pyridoxine HCI) 50mg
Folate (Folic Acid)400mcg
Vit B12 -250mcg
Biotin -300mcg
Patothenic acid (d calcium patothenate) - 50mg
Chromium(Picolinate)- 200mcg
Adrenal Gland Bovine - 50mg
Nopal(Pricky pear cactus) -50mg
Vanadyl Sulfate -10mg
I need to lose weight and my dietician recommended the supplements. Thanks

Dear Adrenucleo
This supplement contains vitamin C and 8 B vitamins, 2 trace elements namely chromium and vanadium plus an extract of the adrenal glands of a cow and some extract of prickly pear cactus. The vitamins will boost your health esp if you are using a very-low-energy diet which does not contain these vitamins in adequate quantities. The chromium helps to normalise blood glucose levels which may assist weightloss. I cannot comment about the adrenal gland or prickly pear extracts as I have not come across any scientific publications that support their use in health or slimming supplements. Do not take more than 1 tablet a day as the vitamin contents per tablet are very high - far in excess of the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance).

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-10-14

Dear Adrenucleo