Posted by: Chris | 2011-10-05

Adrenal fatigue

Hi Doc.

I have a rather serious case of adrenal fatigue, and have been sent around the block for all kinds of diets and remedies. I''ve gone for the tests, etc but no one has given me the correct direction or meds that should be taken to alleviate the problem. I constantly suffer from intense anxiety and have all the IR and high cortisol symptoms, followed by the rest. I have put a halt to training and excessive dieting and have taken up yoga, in the aid to assist in relaxing and recovering. Sadly there is not much I can do about my jobs stresses. What medication could you advise for adrenal fatigue. I would like to perform like a normal human being without worrying that my heart might explode.

Best regards,

Adrenal fatigue is not actual diagnosis by the medical community and I therefore, suggest that you consult an endocrinologist for an opinion.

Posted by: Emma | 2011-12-02

I feel your pain, Chris. I went through the same. If you live in Jhb, Try a Dr at the Centre of medical excellence, Melrose Arch. Just a word of advice, to get better requires a life style change and it takes some time to get better.

Reply to Emma