Posted by: Carmen | 2008-11-11

Adrenal Fatigue

I am insulin resitant and have been on glucophage for the last 18 months whcih has not made much difference to the body size.
I have been under loads of stress this year and many years prior. Especailly when after my mother past away for about 4 years. I was at a health shop and she mentioned that i may have adrenal fatigue. please can you send me more info and how i can try sort it out.

Dear Carmen
Adrenal fatigue is said to be caused by low adrenal gland hormone production due to stress. It will probably only be diagnosed by a specialist endocrinologist as I think most GP's don't know exactly what tests to do. Thyroid hormone needs to be evaluated with the adrenal gland function.
Ask your dr to refer you for further tests