Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008-11-14

ADP –  Antisocial Personality Disorder

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest 
2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure 
3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead 
4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults 
5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others 
6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations 
7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

My daughter is all of this and more.

Can this be a possible diagnosis and who can I take her too to see if it is?? I am in Cape Town.

I am hoping this is the light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel.

If she seems to fit those criteria, then it's definitely a POSSIBLE diagnosis, and she would need to be seen and personalyl assessed by a local shrink. ANY shrink ought to be able to help you in this respect ( you don't mention her age ). If this is the diagnosis, it might not be much of a light, I'm afraid, as the condition is extremely hard to treat successfully