Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008-11-14

ADP #2

She is 10.

I know its hard to treat, but having a diagnosis is better than being blind.

At least I would know its nothing I did and she can get help in some shape which gives hope to me and my family.

She used to be the most delightful loving sweet child and I want her back.

Absolutely right. Naming something, having a definite idea what It is, does indeed help to cope with it. I doubt so much that its "anything you did". If she once was sweet and loving she may indeed recover a state something like that. I hope she does.

Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008-11-14

Thank you Maria - I appreciate it, I will call on Monday.

Reply to Sad Mommy
Posted by: Maria | 2008-11-14

Sad Mommy, please keep us updated. I know a good child psychologist in CT Southern Suburbs if you' re looking for someone: Leigh Pettigrew 0832 545 467

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008-11-14

I am smiling for the 1st time in weeks.

I know in my heart I am going to get my baby girl back.

Reply to Sad Mommy
Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008-11-14

There is no physical evidence of this on her body (glazed eyes, dilated pupils, marks around her nose or mouth from snorting, no needle marks etc) or in her room. I tossed her room and bags a few times. She tends to horde what she spent the money on. Sweet wrappers, toys, juices, puddings etc.

I honestly dont think drugs are her problem. The only time she is ever without me is at school and I tend to check her bag before she takes it to her room to try and hide anything.

I even check it before it goes to school as she always hide the money or sweets she stole from the house in there or in her rain coat.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to Sad Mommy
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008-11-14

Have you considered whether she might be taking drugs?
I' m no doctor and CS will probably know if this might be a factor.

Reply to Kay in Gtown