Posted by: dd | 2009-01-20

we are thinking about adopting a child...since we can' t have any of our own... what bothers me is will grandparents and family except the child as part of the family...especially grandparents as their grandchild? since they already have blood grandchildren....

Noticwe how often within questions, people seem to be seeking general laws of human behaviour, which don't exist. Some grandparents, etc, accept adopted kids readily and hapilly as members of the family --- some have difficulty even accepting during born natural family members. SO I like J's suggestion of frankly discussing this with the grandparents ( and whoever else ) to know beforehand how they feel about the prospect.

Posted by: Maria | 2009-01-20

There is an adoption forum under " Talk" , you should also post your question there for feedback from adoptive parents.

I can tell you that my adopted daughter is completely accepted and loved to bits by our entire extended families. Especially if you cannot have biological children it would be small minded of people not to accept your adopted child. Adopting a child from a different ethnic background could be a problem, but that also depends on the attitudes of people in your family.

Good luck!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: J | 2009-01-20

They' d be nasty not too. A child, especially an adopted child), only wants a family and love... Maybe talk to them and give them time to chew on it before asking for the answer to know where you stand...

Reply to J