Question
Posted by: Woman | 2011/10/18

Adieu, vaarwel, farewell

Dear Cybie,

You might not know this, but you saved my life once. I was struggling with PND and had nearly succeeded in killing myself on more than one occasion. Instead I found myself reaching out and you took my hand. For that I can never thank you enough. May you be blessed in this life and the next!

I also wanted to say, my life is becoming increasingly hectic and I have made the decision to cut the 24''''s (news, forums, blogs) in it''''s entirety.

Please know it''''s not because of people or experiences, but rather my own life that I have made this decision. So after using this site for he past couple of years under quite a couple of names, I am today calling it quits.

You''''re a bunch of marvelous people, and I have enjoyed getting to know all of you over the years. I have enjoyed many debates, I have enjoyed being a student and a teacher. I have enjoyed fighting and making peace. I enjoyed having my faith in human kind renewed and dashed.

Most of all, I enjoyed getting to know many people who I would never have met otherwise.

Always be good to yourselves and to others! This is Woman over and out.

Gosh ( blush ) and we will lose all those names ? Best wishes, of course, to all of you ! I know you have made great contributions here, and I'm pleased you have found us useful, too. When your life gets a bit less hectic, do feel free to drop back in at any time, as we'll always be pleased to hear from you.

5
Posted by: Pippa | 2011/10/21

Hey Woman,

I doubt this will be your last post. This site is too full of interesting articles not to want to have a peek every now and then. You will need ''me time'' and might find sitting in front of the computer is just what you need to take a break.

Glad you are over your PND. What were your symptoms?

Reply to Pippa
Posted by: Woman | 2011/10/20

People, people, you read wrong - am saying that I had PND and as a result contemplated suicide YEARS AGO and that CYBIE helped me BACK THEN. I am saying thank you and I WAS saying cheers, because I used to post alot, but now my life has become very busy with my 3 gorgeous children.

I just don''t understand how you guys could read so much more into a thank you which was specifically addressed to CS and to which he responded perfectly as he understood the post? Anyway, I''m still here, thank you for your concern and your judgement. Now this really IS my last post.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: cathy | 2011/10/19

To me this also sound like a farewell note, as the person tried before to commit suicide. Me myself tried to drink pills x3 and normally wrote farewell letters like this one. Maybe 1 should be a little concern for this person.Hope this person can tell us that our feeling is wrong....

Reply to cathy
Posted by: Sensible | 2011/10/18

Hello Prof, do you think this person needs your intervention?He/she mentions having tried suicide a couple of times. Is it a goodbye? Maybe not. I guess I read too many thriller books :-)

Reply to Sensible