Question
Posted by: Hope* | 2009-06-03

Adhesions

Hello Doc, I have adhesion' s all over the right side of my stomach. I had a considerable amount of pain for a long time until one of the surgeons had a look and cut out a huge adhesion that was connected to my bowel. The was about one and a half years ago. The pain had gone away completely. Problem is that it has started again at the the same place, same pain. Question is: Does an adhesion grow back and if so, how long does it take to grow back?

Dear Hope
Adhesions can form again, but will not neccesarily do so. And if they do, some grow slow and some grow fast, so there isn't a timeframe I can give you. Rather let your doctor have a look, it may be something else causing the pain now.