Question
Posted by: Loren | 2009/10/23

ADHD treatment

Doctor, have you heard of the Fast ForWord program and its benefits to treating ADHD without drugs? I'  m thinking of bringing this program to SA, what do you think?

My concern would be, as with most initially commercial programs, that they make claims that are obviously commercially appealling, but usually without sufficient good scientific evidence that they are actually as effective as they claim. However, FastForward appears to be an exception, and is at least based on some very interesting basic research. On a quick look round the web, I see more about its use in Aspergers, Autism, and especially dyslexia and speech disorders than ADHD as such, but this suggests there may be a wider field of potential application of such a system. I'd hope it was possible to bring it to SA for as low a price as possible, as obviously most of the people needing such help would not have it covered by medical Aid and for the majority without medical aid, it would probably not be considered a tax-deductable expense. Check if they might be prepared to offer a special price for a deceloping country. And maybe it would be possible to do some more formal evaluations here of its usefulness, which would be helpful for them and ourselves

1