Question
Posted by: Eric | 2013-01-14

ADHD measurable - to Matt

Hello Matt - you sound just like me  this is what I wrote in reply to Sally Walkers post  please look into the subject Apsergers Syndrome and see if it applies to you:

I was in much the same boat as you diagnosed with ADHD by a psychiatrist as an adult and I was on 54mg Concerta - as well as being on Risperdal for severe anxiety - I quickly came to the conclusion that this was not really doing me any good and then stopped all meds. I did more research on this and finally discovered and got diagnosed that I am actually "  high functioning Autistic"  otherwise known as Aspergers Syndrome. I am not suggesting you stop your meds but suggest you do some more research into this as most people are misdiagnosed with ADHD when they are really Autistic and this could apply to you. People with Aspergers Syndrome also have ADHD like symptoms and other conditions like depression and anxiety that coexist with it. Taking Concerta as prescribed should not affect your mental health but try stay away from alcohol while taking these meds and good luck...