Question
Posted by: curious | 2009/11/11

ADENOMIOSIS

Had extreme pain on my left side, went to the gynae for a check-up. Informed me that my womb had triple enlarged in size and diagnosed me with ADENOMIOSIS. He also explained to me that I must go for a hysterectomy asap due to my heavy periods as well. Is this procedure necessary and what exactly is ADENOMIOSIS. Please advise me. Thank you

Adenomyosis is a condition where the womb lining infiltrates into the muscle of the womb. A hysterectomy is the only treatment, unless you are prepared to live with the pain and heavy periods.

1