Posted by: Vaughn | 2009-04-16

Additional supplements

Hi Vaessa,

Thanks fr all your previous advice, its much appreciated.
I wonder if you could advice me on another query I have.

As previously mentioned I currently sprint and weight train. I already take whey protein and Creatine. I also take Multivitamins, Vitamin C and Flax Seed Oil Capsules (Morning &  Night). Ive now been interested in getting Glutamine and ZMA to take before bed along with some casein protein (as Ive heard ZMA helps with deep sleep). What are your views on this? do you think perhaps I am attempting to take too much or could this be of benefit to me. I dont particularly want to gain too much weight but would like more definition and slightly more muscle mass (Less Fat of course). Ive also noticed that my current whey protein already has L-Glutamine. Id appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks very much.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Vaughn

The advice is only a pleasure!

Glutamine is a great substance and I would always advice to take it – it is the most abundant amino acid of the body, supports brain power and helps strengthen the immune system. Recommendation is to take 5 g on an empty stomach upon wakening and another before bedtime. You may take as much as 15 g per day – thus no problem that it is in your protein which I presume you take after training.
Taking additional zinc and magnesium is also a great practice and will certainly add beneficial support to your training regime. It is true that magnesium helps you sleep better and the zinc supports the male hormone production.

None of these products will make you gain weight – they are nutritional support Thus go for it!

Take care

Posted by: Vaughn | 2009-04-24

Thnks again  )

Reply to Vaughn
Posted by: Tshepo | 2009-04-17

Hi Vanessa
I' m a long distance runner, 40yr old, weghing 80kg and of African origin. I would like you to give me advice or prescribe me a 7 day eating.

Reply to Tshepo
Posted by: Vaughn | 2009-04-16

Just FYI, Im a 70Kg Male 26 years old, about 178cm

Reply to Vaughn