Question
Posted by: Kaandra | 2011/03/17

Adding more protein

Hi There

Can someone help me - I love stir fry and was wondering what to add in my stir fry to give me more protein.

If I cut out animal meat completely what is very good substitutes for protein?

Dear Kassandra
Adding legumes to your diet shoould provide you with plenty of protein. Legumes are cooked or canned dry beans, peas, lentils or soya. You can add any of these legumes as well as bean sprouts, tofu (made from soy beans), or nuts to your stir-fry to make tasty meals without animal meat. Just keep a check on your blood iron levels that you don't develop iron-deficiency anaemia or vitamin B12 anaemia, because meat, fish, eggs are among the best sources of easily absorbable iron and vit B12 in the diet and cutting out these foods can lead to deficiencies.
Enjoy

1

Dear Kassandra
Enjoy