Question
Posted by: Peter | 2009/10/25

Addictive to Porn

How do I help my partner that have a porn addiction ? He tries to hide it from me, and when I confronted him, he keeps on denying it even though I know for a fact, any spare moment or when I am not home, its him and his Internet porn.

Is it like any other addiction, some root cause that needs to be discovered ?

He may be trying to hide this interest of his because he knows it upsets and annoys you. Its NOT like other genuine addictions ( like those to drugs ) ; but like them, people tend to feel more drawn to it the more tense and anxious they feel about it. What would probably be best would be for you both to get together and see a marriage counsellor, to deal with this as well as what are likely to be a number of other relationship issues between you

1