Posted by: Desperate | 2010-01-08

Addiction to Prescription Tranquilizers Benzos(Alprazolam)Zopax or Alzam

Having been through a disastrous formal rapid detox programme,which nearly killed me, for addiction to prescription tranquilizers(Benzos) 6mg per day supervised by a " highly Qualified" Psychiatrist who did not not listen when I said that weaning was advisable but he insisted on detox I now am back on Benzos and am looking to be reffered to a knowledgeable GP or Specialist who will assist in weaning me off this stuff.Weaning is ,in all the literature by far the recommended and most succesful method but so few Dr' s in this country know anything about it. I dont care how long it takes .I live in Cape Town( Northern Suburbs)and need a name.If in your response you can give me a method of contacting you I would geatly appreciate it .Urgent response required.

I do agree that weaning is the appropriate method, especially when using long-acting benzos that are slowly weaned over a period of a week or two. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the doctors in the Northern Suburbs and am therefore, unable to refer you to anyone.

Refer to the following link:

I suggest that you print this article and take it to the doctor that you will be consulting.

Dr ANrich Burger