Posted by: Owen Ihlenfeldt | 2008-10-30

addiction to Adco Dol (generic of Syndol

I am a 78 year old man and actually i am very healthy.I eat well and sleep well. I am cared for in an old age home in Gardens Cape Town But I have become used to taking these tablets and if I don' t take them(Plus minus 3 times a day) I get what I suppose is a withdrawal symptom. I get a strange feeling almost like pins and needles in my legs and an incredible need to take another dose to get over the feeling. A new dose works in most cases. I also note that I am not as agile as I used to be and walking a reasonable distance has become rather a daunting task. I want to get off these pills but how do I counter the withdrawal? Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Owen

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Owen,

I wish I could help, but I am the headache expert - the question you have asked is not in my field of expertise.

Hi Owen You need to ask someone that u trust at the home or close to you for help asap. Adcodol tabs are very addictive and before you know it you will be taking even a higher dose. Just stopping is the best way you will get withdrawals but they only last 4-7 days you are not on such a high dose so you should be fine. Goodluck