Posted by: tony | 2012-04-26

i have been using marijuana for the past 8 years everyday to the point that i smoke before work at lunch times and 3-4 joints after work freinds have told me it is becoming a problem and i thought that isolating my self from the friends who smoke would assist in me quitting but i found that when im alone doing my normal daily activities i cant stop thinking about it and then i make a plan to smoke and this is a everyday thing my cravings to smoke is becoming greater and greater as everyday life happens and stress becomes more i always resort back to my false sense of security, I have been told that marijuana is a menta addiction and not physical wich i strongly believe , but i just cant get over the fact that i cant stop thinking about it and i have come to the realty that i am a addict and i need help.

Allready i am feeling the effect of long term use of marijuana ,extremely bad short term memory loss to name the main problem, other than that i find no problem in marijuana except the fact it robs you of ambition in certain aspects of life and has an aggresive effect on short term memory.

How would you advise me to go about quitting
P.S i dont think a rehab centre is neccesary

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Dear Tony,

I would recommend that you find a Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meeting in your area. please go with an open mind as this may be just the support that you need.

Posted by: Owais | 2012-07-08

This is a very big reason that I won''t be vointg for Romney in the primaries in 2012. The man simply is not a conservative, despite his insistence that he is. To me, he is more like McCain, who follows the political winds, particularly when it is blowing in from the left, rather than sticking to principles. As for the Taxachusetts version of Obamacare itself, it was just one more example, in a sea of them(note Canadian healthcare and the UK''s version), that showed it is not possible, and that all the negatives that our Congress and the WH were denying, will come to pass.Reply

Reply to Owais
Posted by: Kevin | 2012-06-17

This is not a question it is advice. What all addicts need are, an understanding of what addiction is, what the constituent parts of addiction are, the visualisation of the future of an addict and the future without the addicting substance and once these are in place they need a plan. It is a life plan, the addict has to change all those facets of their life associated with their addiction and the behaviour associated with it. None of these are easy, in fact they are the hardest things that the addict will ever do. But most of al the addict needs to remember once an addict always an addict, you can never drop your guard. 34 years 4 months and 9 days clean.

Reply to Kevin