Question
Posted by: flirt | 2010-09-15

addiction?

Hi Dr
I dont know whether this a prob or not, but I seem addicted to the early stages of a relationship, like the flirting, the anticipation of when he will call again, the dating. However, when this comes to an end either by break up or fizzling out, the next day I am looking for someone else to give me this attention. I cant seem to go long without it. But I dont know if I want it to go further i.e. like in a long term relationship.

Fortunately, this is NOT an addiction you are describing. What you seem to be describing is hardly a relationship at all, but an enjoyment of the flirting and starting up phase - and primarily using it as a way for you to seek attention, rather than to actually start a relationship at all. Its about you, rather than about the pair of you.
Counseling could help you to become less dependent on the artificial thrills of attention-seeking, and more on actually enjoying relatonships with other people which are not entirely about you

2
Posted by: Stupid | 2010-09-15

So you arent interested in true intimacy? Flirting is fun but thats all it really is, theres no foundation of love its just eye see eye want eye flirt.

Not meaning to be nasty but you sound really superficial, kind of empty inside. Prove me wrong stick it out for 6 months see what develops

Reply to Stupid