Question
Posted by: LABGIRL | 2009/02/18

? ADDICTION

I am a very light sleeper and have been taking Alzam (2 light pienk)
for quite a while. When I try to sleep without it, I struggle and would actually lie awake the whole night, even if I am very tired.
Can I go on taking these, or can you recommend something else?
I have High blood pressure (which is under control with Micardis 40 mg) and take Estrofem 2 mg each day as well.
Thanx

Expert ImagePharmacist

Unfortunately Alzam is a habditforming drug, and you may become dependant on it quite quickly. Although the dose you're taking isn't high, its not ideal to use it indefinitely. I suggest trying to reduce your dose by 25% (half a tablet) every 2 weeks untill you're able to sleep without it