Question
Posted by: AZURE | 2008-11-20

ADDICTED TO SPECTAPAIN FORTE CAPSULES

I am trying to help someone wean themselves off SPECTAPAIN FORTE CAPSULES, the person in question is 64 years old and is taking 16 –  22 capsules each day. This person is also on anti depressants and tranquilisers and has been taking them for over 30 years. I am giving the person in question a supply of SPECTRAPAIN for 7 days at a time but they do not make them last and by the 5th day are begging for more I want to be able to put my foot down and say NO you never controlled the intake so now you go without until next week so I need to know for how many days at a stretch could I deny this person the SPECTRAPAIN FORTE CAPSULES without it being detrimental to her health as in causing perhaps a heart attack or a stroke? The person is question is exceptionally prone to stress tension and panic attacks. Could VALOID be used to ease nausea and vomiting?

Dear Azure
I think you are biting off more than you can chew here, this should be handled by a professional, preferably a psychiatrist. She probably needs admission, as she may need medication to manage the symptoms like cramping, vomiting, cold fevers and shivers. Please talk to your doctor

4
Posted by: AZURE | 2008-11-21

THANK YOU for your input DR BETS your advice is much appreciated.

Reply to AZURE
Posted by: AZURE | 2008-11-20

DR Bets ONLY to reply PLEASE!

Reply to AZURE
Posted by: AZURE | 2008-11-20

Thanks for you input Denise - your designation in the medical field - occupation?

Reply to AZURE
Posted by: denise | 2008-11-20

This should not be undertaken by a lay person. A physcian should be consuted as it can be dangerous not just a psychological but an actual physical danger.

Reply to denise