Posted by: JJ | 2009-03-25

Addicted to sleeping tablets

I' m addicted to my schedule 5 sleeping tablets and are taking way too many at night. I' m too embarrased to admit it to my doctor and I' m also scared that he will cut off my supply (which he probably should). Andy advice on how I can start dealing with it on my own?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

I dont think you will be able to deal with it on your own. You definitely need to discuss it with your doctor, and get his help. Dont be embarrassed - I assure you that this doesnt come close to the things he sees on a daily basis!

Oh dear, oldtimers happened, made an ooops string together - ladee byrd sa at ya hoo dot com

string the words together so it makes sense to you ladee byrd at ya hoo dot com for help.

Posted by: netty | 2009-04-18

please include me in your advice to those addicted to sleeping pills

Reply to netty
Posted by: Been There | 2009-04-06

JJ - if you still happen to read this site and reply to this, I am happy to try to post up my email addy so that I can refer you to a totally free website which in fact saved my life. Drs are notoriously ignorant when it comes to how to correctly wean patients off sleeping med' s so if I can save anyone from suffering from this by pointing them in the right direction I would be delighted to help you. Had it not been for (totally free) membership to this site, I am sure I would have been dead today. The withdrawals I went through after deciding to stop my prescribed sleeping meds I cannot describe to anyone. I could not find one single Dr who understood or who seemed to even care. I thank the good Lord for having found help overseas.
If you give me the thumbs up, I will attempt to write in my email addy and hopefully it won' t get wiped off by this site....

Reply to Been There