Question
Posted by: Me | 2009-09-22

Addicted to pain pills to help me relax

Hey CS

I admit, I have a problem. I think that I imagine myself having a headache that I drink two strong pain pills everyday after work, it helps me relax. And yeah, I' m depressed...

OK, wise to recognize that you are depressed --- see a shrink ( ideally ) or a GP to check the diagnosis and discuss treatmnent options. Depression is a brilliant amplifier of pain from any cause, and treating depression reduces or removes many pains. Medication and also CBT counselling is excellent for treating depression, and help you learn to relax ( CBT is especially good at that ). YOu don't mention what pills you've been taking, but in SA too many "pain pills" sold freelly over the counter, contain quite strong sedatives as well, which may help to relax you, but can easily become habit-forming, getting you hooked, and also blunt your performance including driving skills. Their impact can be very like being drunk

3
Posted by: C_t | 2009-09-22

Me you are so cool. How is it that you have such a terrible past. Don' t you think you have given your past enough time and its now time to look forward to the future with happy times ahead. You say " it' s only 2 pills"  that 2 pills you don' t need, find out why you are so eager to numb your feeling and deal with them 1 x 1, even if there is tears involved, you need to face them and if you can' t do it alone, fined someone who can help you work through it. Good luck. Hope you didn' t take your pills yet, so you can read this with an open mind.

Reply to C_t
Posted by: Me | 2009-09-22

Thanks C_t!! I don' t really like that yoga stuff. And music normally reminds me of the past and that makes me even more depressed. I love music, but it makes my mind dwell. I just don' t care about anything (any problems I have) after I' ve taken the pills, luckily it' s only two a day

Reply to Me
Posted by: C_t | 2009-09-22

Me, I feel for you and hope he can give you an satisfactory answer. Why don' t you try yoga or listening to some relaxing music.

Reply to C_t