Question
Posted by: Vanessa | 2010/02/10

Addicted to online gambling

I' ve been doing online gambling now for about 6 months now and I just can' t stop. My husband understands I have a problem and even tries to block me from going onto the internet... i manipulate him into get access to do. I stay up sometimes the whole night. It' s really a huge problem because we dont actually have the money in the first place - but i just want to make everything better for my family. Please help or advise or comment... It' s painful. I know it' s a problem!

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Vanessa

It is quite clear that you are an active gambling addict and if you should you continue gambling the consequences will be dire.

You say that you just want to make everything better for your family, but ironically you are going to make it worse.

Like all addictions, there is DEFINITELY no way that you can control this situation. Don't fool yourself and think that you can gamble just one more time.

You know it doesn't work that way. Vanessa, this is serious and I'm not going to beat around the bush here.

Apart from yourself, other people (your family) will suffer if you continue feeding this addiction.

You should contact Nicholas immediately on Tel: 021 790 7779 or on nicholas.mcdiarmid@harmonyclinic.co.za to discuss a bold plan of action.

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/02/10

Hello Vanessa

Reply to Addictions expert forum