Question
Posted by: SAMIAM | 2010/10/18

Addicted to internet por

hey doc, I think I might be addicted to internet porn ... I have to watch every night, sometimes I will watch until the morning hours and I feel disgusted after watching porn :(

It isn''t alright with me, I have moral values and watching porn makes me feel degradable. I am 26 and single and have never had sex, could that be the problem?

Is this a control of the mind thing? What can I do to control myself?

If you check the archives of this forum, you'll find that we have discussed this topic quite a number of times.
Firstly, it's becoming fashionable to talk of "addiction" to such things, but this is absolutely not helpful. They are, perhaps, bad habits, a way of looking at such behaviours that relates better to how to best treat themn.
Its curious that you compulsively watch porn apparently until the early hours of the morning, but you claim to feel disgusted by the stuff - we rarely indulge so heavily in something that truly disgusts us. Maybe with your upbringing and general views, you feel you OUGHT to be disgusted by it.
COnsider seeing a CBT style counsellor / therapist to change the behaviour in more fruitful ways, and this will surely include a need for you to become much more active in other ways - develop a busy social life, not only one-on-one, but in groups relating to sport, hobbies, chairty work, whatever ; and develop other hobbies and pasttimes, so there isn't just a great big vacuum that the porn so readily fills.

5
Posted by: hansel | 2010/10/19

I also wrote to the doc after a terrible break up, he said " refer to previous posts" . I was genuinely looking for help on how to move past the relationship. He mus resign if he no longer enjoys helping people.

Reply to hansel
Posted by: SAMIAM | 2010/10/19

I agree to some point what the doc is saying but get the feeling that he is tired of people''s problems ... anyway, I have a plan but thanks for the advice doc. And the rest, you''re creepy ...

Reply to SAMIAM
Posted by: prostitute | 2010/10/19

samian let mama show you the good times, you don''t need porn you need me your mama

Reply to prostitute
Posted by: Germ | 2010/10/19

Go out and get a girlfriend!!!!!! instead of sitting on the couch and watching porn that should help go party you will meet someone
please just get off that couch

Reply to Germ