Question

Addicted? Hopeless...

Hi.
My boyfriend is using Stilnox to sleep at night, he takes two tablets and sometimes three, depending what time he takes the first two tablets. Sometimes he wakes up at 3 in the morning, then takes another Stilnox as he says he wont be able to sleep again. He also takes 3 Pro-pains and 3 Genpains almost everyday, he says its because he use to play rugby a few years ago and still gets pain in his legs and back. This is really frustrating me, coz it sometimes feels like I have to hide all the meds away in our house, because I know there will be a reason for him to take it. What can I do? I have spoken to him about this problem but I get the feeling that he is hiding his " pills"  away for me not to see, telling me that he has stopped taking it. I do allow him to take the Stilnox, but dont know how to make him stop taking more than one a nite as prescibed. What can I do?

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Thank you for your post. It unfortunately appears as if your boyfriend is in full blown addiction as far as his schedule 5 and over the counter medication abuse is concerned. We advice you to recommend that he seeks helps immediately as the most effective way to tackle addiction of this nature is inpatient treatment.
If we can assist further please contact us on 021 790 7779.
Love and Light
The Harmony Team

2

Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011/08/22

Love and Light
The Harmony Team

Reply to Addictions expert