Posted by: Just saying | 2012-11-25

She is allowed visitors on a Sunday, and telephone privileges on a Thursday. There are also family sessions, and then open communication between the family and her therapists.

We visited her again today, and there is a marked difference in her. She is in a much better place, has admitted she is an addict, and recognizing the hurt she has caused everyone in her life. Finally I feel there is hope.

Thanks so much for the follow-up, and the very encouraging news. I thought it unlikely that such a program would have no family sessions or contacts such as might justify her panic about missing the folks at home. It takes time for the necessary improvements to show - it took time for her to develop her addiction problems. It now sounds much more promising.