Posted by: Concerned Mom | 2012-11-08

I wrote a whole back about my daughter who suffered post natal depression, and also has bipolar. She really is not doing well, but honestly, I am sick and tired of her continual pity party. It seems like she doesn''t want to get better. I suspect that she is addicted to pain pills. Her bag is like a walking pharmacy, and she is always " sick"  nauseous/vomiting/headache/migranes/gastro/chest infection/sore throat etc etc. It never ends, we just move from one illness into the next, and she is always taking pills for something. She always looks like she is " high"  and in a zombie-like state, but I''ve always thought this was because of the bipolar meds. I''m no longer so sure, and don''t know where to start to establish if I am right, and then to help her. She has become a really horrible person, and always has a face like thunder, and sulks a lot. I need to help her in order to help my family, as this is making all of us sick. I''m at the tough love stage, but also am feeling like I actually don''t want this to be a part of my life anymore. 3 years is now ENOUGH! How do I go forward from here?

For neither of those conditions should she be needing pain pills, and some people do indeed get themselves addicted to over-the-counter pain pills, whih can do several kinds of harm when taken in excessive amounts or for too long without a break.
You seem to be describing Hypochondriasis, which can arise on its own, but often accompanies depression, too. Surely she is supposed to be under the continuing care of a psychiatrist, who should be made familiar with your concerns, and take some responsibility for tackling these issues with her ?