Posted by: Screwed | 2010-05-30

Hi doc,

I know that I need help, but not willing to go to someone that can help me. Maybe you can tell me something that can help.

I get addicted so easily! I''m still young and screwing myself up (or so I think). I''m struggling to quit smoking, also I''m taking painkillers (betapyn) everyday and also adco sinalco every single day. I can''t live without these three. They make me calm most of the times. I''m normally a very aggressive person (I''m female - 26), but since I had a headache one day and a cold I took some of these pills, since then I saw that it made me calmer. I know that it can''t be good for me, but I''m unable to just not take it anymore. I want to be healthy, but I know that I get depressed easily and also aggressive, so if I quit all of these I''ll be damned!

Trying to quit smoking is very difficult, as your brain actually produces new receptors that interact with nicotine and stimulate the brain to form an addiction. There are a multitude of products on the market to assist you with smoking cessation. I suggest that you consult your pharmacist, to try products like Nicorette chewing gum or Quit oral spray or even the new E-cigarette.

Taking pain tablets and flu tablets to calm yourself on a daily basis, is not advisable and you will have to try and break the cycle. Try and take less and less tablets each day and phase them out over a week or two.

I do however, suggest that you consult a doctor for assistance.