Question
Posted by: Natasja | 2010/04/28

Addicted

I sufer from bipolar, manic depression and ocd. i am on meds < zyprexa 5mg and lamictin 350mg>  the problem is i thnk im addicted to pills. pain meds and muscle relaxers. i dnt always need them, bt i cant seem to not take them. i take between 6 and 8, sometimes more comprals or accurate tablets a day and 3000mg robaxin a day. im scared to tel my family or docter. the thing is im having extreme mood swings, it feels like my bipolar is out of control. im happy then sad then agro, all in the span of 1 day. sometimes it goes from 1 extreme to the next and back again in about an hour. is this because of the pain meds?

Now, pain pills, and muscle relaxers are often meds one could get dependent on - and you don't explain why you are on them at all, in the first place. You should be seeing a specialist psychiatrist ( who would surely have been too cautious to allow you to become dependent on those meds ) to advisem on how most safely and comfortably to come of them. Don't just suddenly stop on your own. You are right that you don't need these, and would be better off once you have got off them.
Zyprexa and Lamictin are not drugs one gets addicted to.
You MUST tell your doc about this dependency and get proper expert advice. And these extra pills could be interfering with your bipolar disorder and its treatment.

1