Question
Posted by: Natasja | 2010-04-28

Addicted?

Im suffering from bipolar, manic depression and ocd. i am on meds. bt i started taking pain meds and muscle relaxers for spasm in my neck from stress. i dnt realy have alot of stress at the moment, bt i cant seem to stop the pills! actualy i dnt care what i take as long as i can drink pills. i dont think that im actuakty addicted to the pills themselves, bt more at the idea of taking them. im to scared to tel my family or my doc. what can i do. i take compral, robaxin, accurate and or ponado.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello N

I'll be frank with you. I'm not here to enable people or to pussy-foot around their addictions, so I'm going to call a spade a spade.

That will probably make me unpopular, but so be it. It's in any case not a popularity contest, it's about helping people.

Right, now that we have that out of the way...the answer to your question is...yes. You are addicted to this highly toxic cocktail of tablets.

There is also a lot shame involved around your addiction, hence the secrecy and the fear of telling anybody about it.

That is part of addiction, secrecy and shame. You are also using stress, pain and bi-polar as alibis or excuses to keep popping tablets.

You need to stop and you need to stop soon. You will have to come out with the truth and tell your GP.

Google the nearest NA meeting and attend them regularly as soon as possible.

If you would like to discuss treatment options, should you not be able to get off those tablets, email me at herman@harmonyclinic.co.za

Best of luck.

1
Posted by: Addictions Expert Forum | 2010-04-29

Hello N

Best of luck.

Reply to Addictions Expert Forum