Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/01/12

ADDICTED

I have always managed my drinking as I take medicine for depression and bipolar. in the last 6 weeks, i have been drinking at least 200 - 300ml of neat whiskey. how can i help myself to stop. i am desperate. without medical aid i feel lost

Dear Anonymous
You could ask your GP to give you some Antabuse to discourage yourself from drinking alcohol.

3
Posted by: Trish | 2010/01/13

My brother is addictive to alcohol and he already has some brain damage because he does not eat. He also does not have a medical aid. We have tried to get him into rehabilitation through the state hospital but because he dont want to admit he has a problem (I dont think at this stage he is able to) they dont want to help him. They told us straight that he is going to die.

The fact that you admit having a problem tells me that you want to be helped. Please find some help! The hell that we are going through, I cannot describe to you. Best of luck.

Reply to Trish
Posted by: Lollsie | 2010/01/13

I have been addicted to medicine for more than twelve years. Heavy injections and pills. I am free for the past 10 years and only use panado. Set yourself free from what is depressing you and go on. Nothing and nobody in this world is worth that you suffer for them. Turn your head to the sun then you wont see the shadows!!! Leave everything that you know you can get addictive to and do possitive things the moment you start moping.
I lost my one child and yes the good Lord help me all the way.

Reply to Lollsie
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/13

Dear Anonymous

Reply to cyberdoc