Question
Posted by: moejoe | 2011-10-19

addict

i am an addict. yes a CHOCOLATE ADICT, i eat alot of chocs a day. up to a slab and even more on some days.

what can i do to stop?

Dear Moejoe
There are many people in the world, esp women who are addicted to chocolate. This is not surprising because chocolate contains a number of addictive compounds such as serotonin, endorphins, and phenylethylamine. The latest research has indicated that eating chocolate is not all bad for us - it may help to lower heart disease, stroke, metabolic syndrome and preeclampsia. However because chocolate has high energy and fat contents, it can certainly cause weight gain if you eat it in immoderate amounts. A slab (50g) or more a day, is not a sensible amount. I would suggest that you start by reducing how much chocolate you eat per day gradually - one less square every second or third day, until you are down to a reasonable level of 10g (2 squares) a day. Give it a try and look out for a DietDoc Topic which I am planning to write about chocolate in the next few weeks.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-10-19

Dear Moejoe