Question
Posted by: Teela | 2010/01/22

Addict

Hello Dr.,

I am a sex addict and yesterday morning I prayed and asked God to help me with my sexual addiction. Well, I made it thru the day. I didn' t listen to music about sex, I tried not to think abt it, I didn' t engage in to, and I didn' t talk abt it. But that same night I wanted sex soo bad so I acted out. I felt like it was building all day and needed to be released. So I released it, and still needed more. My question is, what other actions can I take to rid me of this disease?

Expert ImageArchive

There are various successful treatment options available for sexual compulsive behaviour, but it is advisable to first establish whether you need counselling or not.

To find out more, you can email nicholas.mcdiarmid@harmonyclinic.co.za

Numerous professional therapists and counsellors offer treatment for sexual addiction.

In addition, self-help groups such as Sex Addicts Anonymous and Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous are popular with proponents of the sexual addiction concept.

These are large groups based on the 12-step system of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Help may also be available through an out-patient or in-patient programme or private counselor.

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/01/23

Reply to Addictions expert forum