Posted by: Mymy | 2009-09-16

Hi Doc,

Please help with Schools in Gauteng for kids with Dyslexia. i think my son is and will need to act fast in finding a school for him.

Thanks a mill

As that's not my field of work, I don't specifically know of any, but I'm sure our readers can come up with some useful suggestions. But it sounds as if you may be in too much of a hurry here --- generally, kids with dyslexia don't need special schools. First they need a proper diagnosis made by a child psychiatrist or child psychologist, maybe a pediatrician with special interest in this topc. NEVER EVER by a teacher o physiotherapist or OT. The suitable treatment can be discussed, and this rarely needs special schooling.