Question
Posted by: Es | 2010/03/15

Adco Zolpidem

I have been on this for at least 8 years - what is the weaning protocol - my dr is not helpful, he just prescribes more - I am also on Ativan - would like to also get off it although my anxiety is at an all time high - my medical aid is exhausted for this year already and I cannot go to a Government Hospital - I work for a single person who will not allow me a whole day off - what are my options -

Sorry to hear your doctor is so inadequate about this. Many people develope significant dependency problems with similar drugs where their doctor is uninterested in doing much more than writing a prescription. If you are still highly anxious, you may well need FAR better treatment of the anxiety itself, and it doesn't sound as though this has been seriously treated so far. I don't know what I can suggest, though. You need to be seen by a proper psychiatrist ( your GP should have referred you long ago ) who can make a proper assessment and diagnosis, and then help you, perhaps by different meds and CBT, to handle anxiety better and to heal the anxiety disoprder. And this implies either finding a way to see someone in the private sector, or getting time of to see someone at a Givernment Hosp[ital or medical school.

1