Posted by: Wondering | 2008-11-17

Adapting personality...

Hi There,

I was wondering if i' m the only one. Anyway, here goes, my personality tends to change according to the friends that i' m with / people that I meet.

I have a variety of friends, some not so smart and other are. I have an academic background (post grad degree), so I consider myself more intelligent than my friends.

Of late, I feel that I am out growing my friends, mainly because I have to " evolve"  myself to suit them, crude jokes etc. I don' t really talk to them about the global economy etc or more high end topics, as it will go over their heads and then an argument will ensue on how they are more learned on the topic.

Is it just me that adapts my personality or what? Do others do it?

By no means do I have like a personality disorder, I only adapt myself depending on whom i' m with....

What you think?

YOu personality doesn't change --- it's your behaviour that changes. You adapt to the audience or the people you're with --- that's normal and often sensible, though if you find you always have to do it, you may be mixing with the wrong sort of people for you. n You're adaptable and tactful. Well done !

Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-17

It is a wonderful skill to be able to adapt so easily, to people and places around you. It gets you far in life