Question
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/09/04

AD' s

Hello CS, how is the kitty? I was wondering if AD' s are not effective on some people? I am on so many tabs at the moment and I wonder if they are actually doing anything. I have this feeling of sadness all the time and a heavy heart. I have no reason to feel this way. I cant wait for night to come so that I can just go to bed. I have really tried. I am having CBT. I am not negative, I try the positive approach. I have been like this for two years now and wonder if I will ever snap/stop feeling this way. I take Rivotril, Lamicton, Zoloft and Abilify.

After my couple of days in Cape Town ( when a friend popped in to feed and cuddle the cat ) she gave me such a warm welcome, she's clearly adopted me even more enthusiastically.
There is a concept of treatment-resistent Depression, and some people seem, for reasons not well understood yet, to have a form of depression that's difficult to treat. However, there are so many different ADs available, alone or in combinations, with other drugs ( like thyroxine ) which may add to their effects, that most eventually respond, but then one would need an experienced psychiatrist to work on discovering the right combination for that person. I understand why you feel discouraged, but do keep on the good struggle, as it ought to succeed eventually, and you're well worth the effort. The range of meds you describe sound like the diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder may have been made, though the patterns of bipolar vary, and some of us have pedominantly depressive episodes, and some last longer than others