Question
Posted by: Buhle | 2012/04/17

Aczema

Dearest Doc,

My daughter is turning 12 months next week , she has been on both breast and Nan hypoallegenic because as a baby she had aczema, She has outgrown the Aczema and i would like to know if I can now change her formula to Nespray Nido for one year olds , Will it have an effect on her ...
Thanking you in Advance

Dear Buhle
Congratulations on your daughter's birthday. If she has outgrown her eczema then she can probably start using non-hypoallergenic formulas. It is impossible to predict however, if she will react to a given product. I would recommend that you do a 'challenge test' by keeping all other dietary factors including the Nan formula in place and adding a small amount of the Nido to her food intake. If she does not react, try a bit more and continue in this way until she has been switched from the one formula to the other. If she does react in any way (and this does not have to be in the form of eczema - her tendency to allergy could manifest in other ways with tummy upsets or runny nose, etc), then you will have to continue with the Nan and repeat the challenge test every 3 months.

1

Dear Buhle