Question
Posted by: steve | 2010-07-06

ACV etc

I was told that a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey was good. I tried that.

Next I heard that Cayene Pepper was teh best.

I added that to the mixture

Now I am told that I should try Cinnamon.

Should I be taking all these supplements together ? If not - which should I take, and which should I leave ?

Dear Steve
I am not convinced that any one of these plant products when taken in the non-concentrate form will make much of a difference to your health. Apple Cider Vinegar may or may not help with slimming, but adding honey to the vinegar will increase the energy content and possibly nullify the sliming effects. Cayenne or chilli is rich in vit C and has also been implicated as having some slimming properties. However, taking large doses can aggravate the lining of the digestive tract and people with ulcers or gastritis should not take large doses. Cinnamon can assist in stabilising blood sugar and thus have an indirect effect on slimming, but to achieve an effect you need to take very large doses which may also not be plausible. I do not know that effect a mixture of these plant products will have on your health and go tract. Try taking one at a time and if you notice a health benefit then use the ones that actually help you lose weight or feel better, instead of just adding more and more spices and plant extracts to your supplement intake.
Take care

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-07-07

Dear Steve
Take care