Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2009/02/17

Acute pain after surgery

Almost 5 weeks ago I underwent a Bilateral Thorascopic Sympathectomy and ever since I have been suffering from acute upper back and chest pain. I have tried every medication my doctor could throw at me including for pain, inflammation and muscle relaxants. I have also tried magnesium supplements and have undergone physiotherapy. Unfortunately nothing has worked to reduce the pain at all. Please advise if there is anything I can try that I can perhaps get at a pharmacy. I' m going on holiday soon and would love to enjoy it pain free.

Dear Wayne
This is difficult for me to answer, as I am not sure whether your doctor excluded possible reasons for the pain like a post operative complication. Where is the pain and what does it feel like? Does it have any relationship with breathing, moving, certain positions?

3
Posted by: jim lawson | 2009/05/17

18 months after lower back surgery5th and 6th vert still very sore base of spine and 8 in above also down right leg.

Reply to jim lawson
Posted by: Cyberdoc again | 2009/02/17

Hi Wayne
This may be due to a superficial nerve injured with the operation and it will probably get better with time. You can try taking vit B complex supplements and ask your Doctor to try Tryptanol?

Reply to Cyberdoc again
Posted by: Wayne | 2009/02/17

Sorry I forgot to add that it also feels as if my skin is burning, or perhaps just below the skin, mostly on the chest area from the side of my underarms over my niples to the centre of my chest.

Thanks,

Wayne

Reply to Wayne